ONLINE: HAZWOPER FIRST RESPONDER AWARENESS LEVEL
INITIAL/REFRESHER COURSE "ERAWARE"
Recorded Course - Available on Demand
To pay by credit card and start the course now, please fill out the desired number of seats and click "Add".
To be invoiced or pay by Purchase Order, please register here: REGISTER
HAZWOPER First Responder Awareness Level training meeting the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (q)(6)(i). First responders at the awareness level are individuals who are likely to witness or discover a hazardous substance release and will initiate an emergency response sequence by notifying the proper authorities of the release. They would take no further action beyond notifying the authorities of the release.
- Life Safety (Egress, emergency action plans)
- Understanding the risks of hazardous materials
- Understand potential outcomes of a hazardous material release
- Identification of hazardous materials - OSHA GHS, DOT Hazmat, NFPA
- Understanding site security and control procedures
- Knowing who to call during a hazardous materials incident
- Using the 2020 DOT Emergency Response Guidebook
- Understanding hazardous materials alarms
- Levels of Protection: A, B, C & D - overview only
- Incident Command System
- Incidental spills vs Emergency Response
Student will work on practice problems using the 2020 Emergency Response Guidebook and Safety Data Sheets.
Students may stop and restart this course at their own pace. The course consists of video, practice problems and an examination. Students should allocate approximately 3 - 3.5 hours at the computer in order to complete this course. Upon successful completion of an online test, students will be issued a certificate. Students can always call or e-mail an instructor while working on course materials.
DEP TCH: 4 (BC-2017-3218)
NH DES CEUs: 0.5
ABIH CM Points: 0.5 IH CM Point