REFRESHER COURSE "ERREF"
Recorded Course - Available on Demand
To pay by credit card and start the course now, please fill out the desired number of seats and click "Add".
To be invoiced or pay by Purchase Order, please register here: REGISTER
UPDATED MARCH 2021!
Hazardous material response procedure refresher during incidental and uncontrolled release incidents. This course meets the training refresher requirements for Technician and Operations Level training per 29 CFR 1910.120 (q)(8).
- Life Safety (Egress, emergency action plans)
- Use of portable fire extinguishers for incipient fires
- Recognition – WISER, OSHA GHS, DOT Hazmat, NFPA
- Use of Monitors
- Levels of Protection: A, B, C & D
- Incident Command System
- Confinement & Containment Techniques
- Incompatible chemicals
- Victim Decontamination procedures
- Responder Decontamination procedures
- Respiratory protection for spill responders
- Incidental spills vs Emergency Response
Employees who wear spill response PPE (SCBAs, Air Purifying respirators, spill suits) must be certified by the employer for competency with using this equipment.
This course requires the student to use, “Wireless Information System for Emergency Responder”, a.k.a. the WISER APP. Student will work on practice problems using WISER, the Emergency Response Guidebook, Safety Data Sheets and other industry recognized information sources.
Students may stop and restart this course at their own pace. The course consists of video, practice problems and an examination. Students should allocate approximately 7-8 hours at the computer in order to complete this course. Upon successful completion of an online test, students will be issued a certificate. Students can always call or e-mail an instructor while working on course materials.
DEP TCH: 4 (BC-2017-3218)
NH DES CEUs: 0.5
ABIH CM Points: 0.5 IH CM Point