INITIAL / REFRESHER
Online Course "DRYICE"
$65 / person
Recorded course - Available on demand
To pay by credit card and start the course now, please fill out the desired number of seats and click "Add".
To be invoiced or pay by Purchase Order, please register here: REGISTER
Discounts are available if 4 or more students enroll at once. For details, call 603-882-1112 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This online course describes the DOT regulations (49 CFR) the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations for shipping Dry Ice, Dry Shippers, Patient Specimens and Data Loggers. Dry Ice is the only hazardous material addressed in this course.
This session addresses the following topics specific to Dry Ice transportation:
- Classification of Dry Ice
- Definitions and shipping requirements of Patient Specimens, Biological Products, more...
- Requirements for using a 'Dry Shipper'.
- Security requirements
- Incident reporting
- Use of the Emergency Response Guidebook
- Documentation requirements when shipping Dry Ice via air transport
- Marking and Labeling packages
- Health and Safety issues when working with Dry Ice and Dry Shippers
- Shipping non-pathogenic vaccines with Dry Ice
- OSHA Hazard Communication relevant to handling Dry Ice
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen labeling overview
This course INCLUDES required US DOT General Awareness, Safety and Security Awareness training. Students will be provided with an electronic manual that includes all course materials.
Students may stop and restart this course at their own pace. The course consists of videos, practice problems and an examination. Students should allocate approximately 2.75 - 3.0 hours at the computer in order to complete this course. Upon successful completion of an online test, students will be issued a certificate. Students can always call or e-mail an instructor while working on course materials.
NH CEUs: 0.3